“Knowledge Management is not something we do in addition to solving problems, Knowledge Management becomes the way we solve problems“
KM is a universal concept is any domain or field.It is one of the major process defined in IT Service management.As an IT Professional I have been using this process for a long time now , I thought it would be helpful to share some facts about this whole process & its purpose !!
Knowledge Management - What and Why?
Knowledge management (KM) is the process of capturing, developing, sharing and effectively using organizational knowledge.
Why do we need Knowledge Management?
1. To Increase efficiency by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge
2. To Increase the efficiency of Resolver Groups, Incident, Problem and Change Management
3. Improve quality of service, increase satisfaction and reduce the cost of service
4. To ensure information is not duplicated, is used effectively
5. Ensure the Knowledge Database is recognized as a central source of information
6. Knowledge Management process can increase profits & productivity within an organization .
Knowledge management Database:
Do you have knowledge management process in your organization , if yes how you use it & do you find any of above benefits from it .please do share & comment on this ....